Skip to main content

Counseling Services

in this section

There are many resources on campus to help students cope with academic, financial, emotional, and social issues. We encourage you to make the Engineering Advising Office your first stop; we’re happy to listen and to work with you to solve the problem or find the appropriate resources to do so. But there are many other places to find assistance.

Gannett Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
607-255-5208, provides professional individual and group counseling

Gannett Alcohol and Drug Resources
Provides confidential, nonjudgmental consultation, treatment, referral, education, and prevention services

Empathy, Assistance, and Referral Service (EARS)
Provides nonjudgmental, short-term counseling by skilled volunteers and training in communications and counseling skills

International Students and Scholars (ISSO)
Assists international students by advising them on federal immigration, tax, and labor regulations and by providing counseling on personal, academic, and cultural matters.

Ask Uncle Ezra
A favorite service unique to Cornell is "Ask Uncle Ezra." An anonymous e-mail advice columnist, Ezra takes all questions, serious and silly, provides in-depth answers, and points readers to resources available to faculty, staff, and students both on campus and in the community. Uncle Ezra’s Counseling Page has a comprehensive list of counseling, prevention, self-help, and wellness programs.