M.Eng. ’18 & MPS ’18 Summer Career Curriculum Module 1
- PURPOSE: Prepare for your job search
- Articulate your talents, skills, interests and values
- Prepare evidence
- Tell your story
- Create a draft resume/LinkedIn profile
- Complete pages 1-12 of the M.Eng. ’18 & MPS ’18 Summer Career Curriculum Career Workbook. (EXPECTED)
- Discover what makes you stand out by completing the online Gallup® StrengthsFinder assessment – it will take about 45 minutes and you will receive your results directly via email. The assessment is available in more than 20 different languages. You will receive two reports about your Top 5 Signature Themes of Talent. Read both reports thoroughly. To receive an access code to take the assessment, you will need to purchase a $15 e-book at StrengthsFinder 2.0. (SUGGESTED)
- Read the Prepare for Your Job Search PowerPoint thoroughly.
- Follow and complete each step within.
- Create a draft resume emphasizing your talents, experience (skills), education and accomplishments relevant to your job search. Use the Cornell Engineering M.Eng. Resume Notes & Preferred Employer Template.
- Review the NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) career readiness compentencies, which broadly prepare students for a successful transition into the work force. Employers have labeled critical thinking/problem solving, professionalism/work ethic, teamwork and communication skils as essential/absolutely essential in the college graduates they are looking to hire.
- Consider creating a LinkedIn profile – use the information from pages 1-12 of the M.Eng. ’18 & MPS ’18 Summer Career Curriculum Career Workbook to craft a “summary statement”.
Questions?Check out our FAQ page.